Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
We are seeking a top-notch Senior UX Researcher to add to our dynamic and fast-growing UX team. In this role, you will deliver customer insights and use qualitative research to help understand customer needs.
Professional experience needed to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years practicing user research on a product development team.
- Strong background in utilizing qualitative research methods to uncover customer needs such as: persona development, heuristic evaluation and contextual inquiries
- Breadth of experience uncovering customer insights using quantitative research methods such as surveys, benchmarking, and statistics.
- Proven success in supporting the full product life-cycle using both exploratory and evaluative research practices for mobile, desktop and other platforms.
- Participating in and collaborating with UX designers and cross-functional teams to develop customer journey maps.
- Outstanding ability to tell impactful stories with research data. Able to work with product analytics and data science teams to identify insights and help product design to make informed design decisions.
- Proven record of generating actionable insights that have influenced product decisions.
- Proficient at identifying and applying the best research methodology for the learning goals at hand.
- Leads with confidence as a skilled communicator, influencer, and negotiator.
- Passion for training designers, product managers, and other stakeholders on how to conduct and apply user research.
- Previous research experience in B2B and/or Fintech is a definite plus.
- Drive and conduct a range of research studies aiming to inform design and development efforts across the portfolio of Bill.com products.
- Generate and communicate actionable insights that will help the business find and solve unaddressed customer pain points.
- Share and evangelize research insights across the organization.
- Develop ways of assessing user research quality and its impact to the user experience of Bill.com products.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer