The AWS WWCO Customer Programs team is seeking a smart, customer-obsessed, driven, experienced professional to play a critical role on within this new organization. The Strategic Business Manager will perform a critical role as we work to drive revenue growth for the AWS Platform – this is a fantastic opportunity for a proven cross-functional leader to advance the overall business. Success will require the ability to collaborate effectively with internal senior stakeholders (including field and account teams), develop and implement new programs, create operational mechanisms and best practices, and deliver against high organizational standards.
The rapid pace of growth in our business requires seamless coordination between multiple stakeholder groups including Engineering, Sales, Business Development, Solution Architects, Sales Operations, and Senior Leadership. This role will manage a set of strategic initiative and programs from conception to implementation to monitoring and measurement – all aspects from planning and aligning stakeholder expectations to execution of all activities necessary to ensure successful execution. This role will also lead weekly/monthly initiative working group reviews and stakeholder readouts. A significant part of this role will be to develop continuous process improvements so that the business can continue to scale its pace of innovation. The right candidate is comfortable with planning and executing on various stages of strategic program management; has proven project management expertise, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up sleeves; and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders and priorities. Prior experience developing and driving strategic programs is strongly preferred.
- Manage a set of strategic initiatives across AWS Commercial Sales function, focused on improving field productivity and customer engagement. This involves interfacing with multiple stakeholder groups and subject matter experts to define approach, translate into execution plans, and management/measurement of outcomes.
- Develop governance models and communication cadence across virtual working teams, stakeholders and executive sponsors (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual).
- Ensure coordination with appropriate peer functions and leaders are factored into requirements gathering, planning, and execution of strategic programs.
- Define a program management framework for defining goals, managing work cadence, and measuring impact that allows for consistency and scale.
- Generate and prepare regular reports on progress and status for team and sponsors – report impact regularly to internal stakeholders.
- Constantly innovate and improve programs and program management mechanisms, suggesting new ideas and best practices for improving the business and customer engagement.