Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
Mission: We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated data science leader to join Bill.com’s Risk Management team. The incumbent will be responsible for managing junior data scientists as well as leading key projects associated with predictive fraud detection, transaction risk modeling and loss mitigation at Bill.com. This position requires a person who has experience with developing machine learning models and performing analytics preferably in risk domain.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in data science
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD.), preferably in Statistics, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Economics, or a related technical field
- Strong track record of performing data analysis and statistical modeling using SQL, SAS or similar tools
- Mastery of a wide range of Machine Learning techniques, tools, and methodologies with a demonstrated capability to apply them to a broad range of business problems and data sources
- Machine Learning techniques include clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, anomaly detection etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical experts, business partners, and executives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and yet able to steer analytics projects toward clear business goals, testable hypotheses and action-oriented outcomes
- Desirable to have experience solving problems related to risk using data science and analytics
- Experience with implementation of Machine Learning models
- Prior team management and payment risk experience is a plus
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Functional/Technical Expertise
- Thought leadership/People leadership
- Learning Abilities/Tech Savvy
- Team Player
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.