Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. HR Generalist and benefits administrator to join our small PeopleOps team. Kitty Hawk is in a very exciting growth phase which will offer the right person an opportunity to directly shape and impact the company culture and employee experience.
- Benefits Administration:
- Perform benefit administration within policy and regulatory compliance including assisting with general benefit inquiries and enrollment, claims resolution, collection of required documents, invoicing and payroll adjustments, and communication
- Conduct employee benefit workshops and new hire orientations educating all levels of employees regarding benefits and assisting them in making appropriate choices
- Lead the annual open enrollment process, ensuring that enrollment and administration are timely and accurate and in accordance with plan documents and regulations
- Be the main point of contact for vendors, benefits carriers, and consultants for the implementation and management of health care benefits, disability programs, life insurance, employee retirement savings plan, and other fringe benefits
- Remain informed on all Federal and State regulatory, compliance, and legislative changes that may affect employee benefits; make recommendations to HR management for improvements
- Administer all fringe benefits, including but not limited to commuter benefits, gym memberships, education reimbursement, flight lesson reimbursement, etc.
- Unemployment and Leave Administration:
- Respond to inquiries from third party vendors such as disability, unemployment, leave of absence, etc.
- Manage leave of absences and short term disability, tracking of time-off (if applicable), and work with management on processes and procedures related to absence management and work accommodations
- HR Compliance:
- Ensure organization is compliant with all employment related laws (federal, state, and local). Complete mandatory reporting, audits, ensure appropriate postings, prepare policies and update employee handbook, maintain employee files, manage 1-9 process, complete verifications of employment, reference checks, etc. as needed. Maintain internal HR resources related to company programs and policies
- Manages HRIS data and interface integrity including timely and accurate data entry of new hires, terminations, and other changes, as well as running reports and performing necessary audits
- Administer worker’s compensation process related to medical treatment, cost control, and claim adjustor communication
- Recruiting and On-Boarding:
- Administer onboarding activities including new hire orientation, collection of paperwork, and pre-employment screenings
- Assist with full cycle recruiting activities as needed
- Manage candidate travel reimbursements
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in HR services performed
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of benefits administration experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- In-depth knowledge of federal and local labor laws
- Working knowledge of Google apps, including Sheets, Docs, and Slides
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Customer service approach to supporting employees
- Start-up experience
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality, with the ability to build relationships with all levels of the company
- Experience with Namely and Lever
- Previous recruitment coordination experience
- Interest in aviation
We are located in Palo Alto, with great access to nice outdoor spaces. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours, and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.