Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
This high visibility, critical role will lead product marketing and serve as the business leader for our core product and our direct business, driving the go-to-market strategy for both Small to Medium Business and Mid Market Business. The mission includes melding a deep understanding of the customer, the product and the competitive position to drive effective positioning, messaging, and holistic marketing strategy to drive the business. This role reports to the VP of Product and Customer Marketing, and is a highly cross-functional role requiring regular collaboration with product management, sales, marketing, customer success and with the senior executive team.
The role is responsible for growing the revenue from this channel, including: thought leadership, product launches and product content, campaign strategy, sales enablement and partner marketing for this rapidly growing business segment.
As the Sr. Director of Product Marketing, Direct Channel you will manage, nurture, and grow a team of product marketing, campaign and partner managers. Key partners will be the leaders of the other channels, Accountant and Bank, to ensure we leverage learning and programs.
- Business Driver: Grow the direct channel business profitably by understanding the financial model for acquisition and developing key strategies for acquiring and nurturing new business. Work with the growth team on improving conversion rates. Champion key features or programs that are needed to grow the business.
- Spokesperson: Be a key spokesperson internally and externally for this channel, championing the needs of this customer and speaking about the product and the company.
- Go-to-market Strategy: Develop the targeting, positioning, messaging, launch and marketing plans. Generate buy-in and collaboration with cross functional teams to bring the plan to market. Provide strategic input to the PR, demand gen, website, marketing operations and other teams. Develop strong reporting on ROI in collaboration with the analyst team.
- Vertical Approach: Create the strategy and develop a vertical focus for the mid market, providing insight, content, campaigns and messaging.
- Sales Enablement: Partner closely with the direct sales team to ensure they have the sales plays, leads, content, presentations, demos, collateral, messaging, and insights to succeed at their job. Research and Insights: Leverage research and customer interactions to bring a deep understanding of our customers and our competitive landscape to our strategic plans. Work with analysts to ensure we are well positioned in their reports.
- Campaign Strategy: Develop targeting, offers and overall strategy for campaigns to drive trials and demo requests. Launch Account Based Marketing tests. Collaborate with the demand gen team to optimize campaigns and develop testing plans to ensure we meet our lead goals. Your team will also be responsible for nurture strategy to mature the leads through the sales process.
- Content for the Buyer Journey: Map the buyer journey and develop a content strategy for each stage, from thought leadership down through post sales engagement. This will include demos, sales decks, white papers, videos, data sheets, solution guides, webinars. Partner Marketing: Work closely with the partner management team to develop co-marketing programs with our key partners, such as the developers of the core accounting software.
- Launch Management: Drive strategy and lead cross functional teams in product launches. Work closely with the product management team to capture and articulate the zen and details of the new releases
Experience and competencies to be successful in this job:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on product marketing for B2B SaaS products. The ideal candidate will have mid-market to enterprise scale experience and will know the fin-tech market.
- Experience driving results in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Must be a strong influencer, able to get people on board with new initiatives.
- Experience using data and customer insights to develop creative marketing approaches.
- Is product centric and enjoys a deep understanding of the technology and can turn technical information into digestible content that anyone can understand. Is also an exceptional storyteller.
- Experience managing teams and leading cross-functional teams.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, creative thinker and always looking for opportunities to grow results.
- MBA or Master’s preferred, but not required
Expected Outcomes in six months:
- Marketing and launch plans are written and are in process of execution.
- There is a strong relationship established with the sales team and the product team. One or more sales plays are documented and the team is equipped to sell against key competitors. You are ready to demo the product to customers or talk to the press.
- Buyer Journey has been documented for both small and mid sized businesses and content has been produced for each stage of the journey with a plan for building out more over time.
- Campaigns are in market for both SMB’s and Mid-size companies, with tests in place to optimize results. Reporting is in place to show ROI of key programs.
- A thought leadership position has been staked out and content is in place or underway.
Bill.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Bill.com is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bill.com are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer