Project Heaviside is Kitty Hawk’s latest high-performance electric VTOL vehicle. It is designed to be fast, small and exceedingly quiet, taking advantage of new possibilities to free people from traffic.
Here at Kitty Hawk, where a century of aviation practices meets technology breakthroughs and a world-class engineering team, things are looking up. In 1903, the Wright brothers took flight for the first time from the beaches of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Our journey started by designing, testing and building all-electric vertical take-off and landing products for work and play. Today, in California, we are building on the Wright Brothers’ legacy to create the next generation of vehicles for everyday flight.
We are seeking our first Product Manager for the Heaviside team. This person will have a primary responsibility to work with customers and make sure we deliver what they need and want.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new aircraft for which customer satisfaction will depend heavily on details of the physics of the system. The ideal applicant will have a deep understanding of flight in addition to extensive experience with products with complex customer requirements, some of which the customer may not know.
- Work with customers to understand product requirements
- Turn perceived product requirements into flight trials
- Stand up initial operational trials
- Work closely with customers to ensure operational trials are successful
- 5+ years experience in a customer engineering, product management, or similar role
- A deep knowledge of flight vehicles or other physics dominated products
- Early customer interaction in some field
- A deep knowledge of safety implications of user interactions
- Flight related experience or hobbies, such as a PPL (private pilot’s license), hang glider cert, etc.
- Previous high level customer liaison experience for an aviation product
We are located in Palo Alto and Hollister, with great access to nice outdoor spaces as well as to airports at both locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches and snacks, flight lessons, happy hours and many more.
Kitty Hawk provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kitty Hawk abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kitty Hawk is an E-Verify employer.