Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds' best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Overview: Analyzes, implements and monitors workforce planning initiatives to optimize and scale the evolving workforce and long-range plans.
- Collaborates with business leaders, strategic planning, HR, Finance and other stakeholders across the company to review existing and future workforce needs and to ensure alignment with business objectives and financial goals.
- Collects, interprets and evaluates workforce metrics to provide data driven insights for internal and external talent pool assessments, headcount reviews, forecasting and business scenario planning; reviews processes and monitors plan effectiveness.
- Generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources.
- May create specifications for reports based on business requests.
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders for the design & implementation of analytics
- Creation of Talent Analytics & Planning methodologies to support key HR & business initiatives
- Design & delivery of standardized talent metrics & reports utilizing our people platform
- Act as HR Analytics Champion throughout Varian and support analytics education efforts for HR partners
- Be a trusted business partner regarding people insights to our HR Business Partners and leader
- Conduct advance and predictive analytics to identify opportunities to further improve Varian's ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
- Build a highly engaged and highly performing People Insights team
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A strong candidate will have 12+ years as in workforce planning, workforce analytics, or HR analysis with extensive experience with data management, building data architecture, and design through implementation of analytics in a business environment.
- Demonstrated expertise with design & implementation of data architecture, process design, creation of data security models, metric design, & experience using workforce analytics to drive business outcomes.
- Also critical are strong business acumen, excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation); ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, succinct terms to both analytical and non-analytical audiences.
- Ability to lead and influence in a cross-functional environment.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required, SPSS or other statistical software a plus
- Strong project management skills with ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation);
- Leadership skills to recruit and mentor team members while building a strong team
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge:
Experience Level with Business Tools § Proficient in utilizing E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired. Knowledge Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Job Complexity Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in solving complex business problems. Interaction Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Supervision Determines methods and procedures reviewed by others on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Typical
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with some Post-Graduate work (or equivalent experience). 12 years of related experience.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.