Uniphore is looking for a seasoned, highly motivated General Counsel to report to the CEO. This business-driven leader is hands-on in the day-to-day with the ability to execute at a leadership level. Ideally, he or she will have experience for a global product either at a B2B enterprise software company or SaaS/Cloud based product company. The successful candidate will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Provide counsel to all levels of management on the business environment, challenges, and corporate objectives
- Manage prosecution of patent applications with counsel and identify relevant strategies for international filings on a case-by-case basis
- Effectively serve contract needs, prioritize tasks, and integrate with other company-wide systems
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all company legal templates
- Provide counsel and advise on legal liabilities associated with many areas of the business (i.e. M&A, sales agreements, employment law, commissions agreements, real estate leases, international expansion, system tooling, company policies, corporate finance, partnerships, etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact Uniphore
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (i.e. regulators, external counsels, vendors, etc.), creating trust-based relationships
- Develop the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
Competencies and Key Requirements
- 10+ years of relevant in-house legal experience.
- Proven experience as legal counsel in a cloud/SaaS/tech or telco environment.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to work closely with various teams throughout organization.
- Corporate legal experience, including domestic and international compliance requirements (especially U.S./India), privacy and information security, M&A and corporate governance.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- Problem Solving/Analysis and Strategic Thinking.
- J.D. degree from a top-tier, accredited institution
- Membership to California state bar or other recognized state bar membership required
Uniphore is a global Conversational AI technology company with offices in the U.S., India and Singapore. Uniphore believes the future of customer service is every voice being truly heard. The Company’s vision is to bridge the gap between people and machines through voice. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver transformational customer service by providing a platform of Conversational Analytics, Conversational Assistant and Conversational Security that changes the way enterprises engage their consumers, build loyalty and realize efficiencies.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com