Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
The Director of Product Marketing is a new role that will own how we communicate the benefits of our platform to prospective buyers acting as the crucial connection between our product, marketing and sales teams. This position will lead the overall go-to-market strategy, product and initiative messaging and positioning, sales enablement, and thought leadership for our Mid Market channel. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to building the product marketing function throughout the organization. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Product Marketing for Bill.com’s Direct Channel partnering with marketing, sales and product teams.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with B2B SaaS products
- Track record of successful product launches and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Is product centric and enjoys a deep understanding of the technology and can turn technical information into digestible content that anyone can understand
- Exceptional storyteller
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders
- Appetite to be both strategic and tactical
- Experience being autonomous and collaborative; knows how to get things done with minimal supervision and when to gain consensus and collaborate to achieve established goals
- MBA or Master’s preferred, but not required
- Fintech domain knowledge industry experience, a plus
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Strong messaging skills
- Experience building GTM plans and strategies, launching products and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience working closely with members of other teams and achieving buy-in
- Ability to understand the customer, build strategies around the buyer journey and represent the voice of the customer
- Creative and data driven
- Experienced with developing integrated marketing campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Write value props that differentiate Bill.com and win the hearts of our customers.
- Expert and Excel and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Salesforce
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Enjoys creating a variety of content from battle-cards to videos
- The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver, creative thinker and always looking for opportunities to grow results.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, product management and others to develop compelling positioning & messaging that differentiates the product in the market
- Drive GTM marketing programs with public relations, events, demand generation, and partner marketing that build up pipeline demands, accelerate deals, and enable awareness at product launch and beyond.
- Partner with product management to test and optimize new products and features bringing the right features and products to market at the right time.
- Partner with Sales to optimize what sales needs to sell successfully. This includes creating items such as but not limited to: sales decks, battlecards, videos, one-sheets, customer case studies and webinars, and participating in sales calls and events
- Partner with marketing to develop content to make marketing campaigns engaging and successful. This includes but is not limited to: infographics, ebooks, whitepapers and blog posts
- Drive research to determine best messaging and positioning for the direct channel products and customers
- Establish and monitor key metrics to support success in attaining projected MQLs and GO’s
- Create well-defined target audiences & buyer personas and become an expert on customer insights
● Humble – No ego
● Fun – Celebrate the moments
● Authentic – We are who we are
● Passionate – Love what you do
● Dedicated – To each other and the customer