Certified Nursing Assistant - NOC Shift
Palo Alto, CA
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to residents of the skilled nursing facility in accordance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements of the Department of Health Services.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant ensures quality nursing and wellness care to the residents in Skilled Nursing.
- Assists in preparation of nursing unit, resident rooms, and beds
- Assists in and may accompany resident in the admission, transfer and discharge procedure
- The Certified Nursing Assistant assists residents in the activities of daily living, including oral hygiene, nail care, transfers, and mobility.
- Provides wheelchair transportation and assists in ambulation residents as needed
- Encourages residents to participate in activities
- The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for maintaining order and safety in resident living areas.
- Assures maximum functioning of resident through range of motion activities, toileting schedule, and the feeding and turning schedule
- The Certified Nursing Assistant observes residents for any physical and behavioral changes and reports them to the charge nurse, and is a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations.
- Participates in all staff meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Records all pertinent information pertaining to the daily care of residents, including weights, activities of daily living, intake and output, and reports this information to charge nurse
- The Certified Nursing Assistant observes and reports any needed repairs or service for building or equipment to charge nurse.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood clearly in the English language
- Bilingual ability preferred
Education and Qualifications
- Current California CNA certification
- At least six months experience as a CNA in acute or long term care setting of written reference from CNA program instructor
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- High school diploma or equivalent