At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Principal Training Representative for a full-time position in Palmdale, Ca.
The selected candidate is responsible for syllabus and courseware development, qualification training, and IPC certifications in soldering, wire repair, and common aircraft electrical certifications. Candidate will also support the design and development of new syllabi and curriculum materials, and the revision of existing training presentations used in aerospace certifications. Position requires the Training Rep to develop tests and visual aids, conduct training classes, and evaluate course materials for effectiveness of training activities. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments. May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs. Responsible for the development and revision of e-learning programs and self-paced certification modules.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of curriculum development and or instructional training OR a Master's Degree and 4 years of curriculum development and or instructional training .
- IPC-certified electrical system instructor.
- Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and the ability to become proficient with common technical writing and editing software.
- Must have experience researching engineering data, aerospace technical data, training manuals, and collaborating with subject matter experts to lead complex projects from start to finish utilizing established processes, development software, and related team members.
- Experience with the development, validation, and editing of technical training material.
- Degree in the field of Education with a focus on instructional system design, adult learning theories, or curriculum development.
- Experience as a courseware developer using Adobe Captivate, ToolBook, IBM Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS), and Learning Management System (LMS), or similar.
- Active DoD Secret and or Top Secret clearance is preferred but not required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.