Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Defense Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a project management intern to join the Defense Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Palmdale, California.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's SP1 program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020
- Be majoring in Project Management, Business, or a related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- 7 cumulative GPA or higher
- Active DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.