At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Engineer Manufacturing to join our team in Palmdale, CA. This position is part of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology and Innovation group. Our responsibility is to conceive, develop, implement, and transition new technology solutions to the manufacturing floor to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality. The skills we are looking for are creativity, leadership, communication, critical thinking, and thoroughness.
- Bachelor's degree with two years experience OR work experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree with 6 years of experience in a fabrication and/or assembly manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Travel 10-15%
- STEM degree
- Solid modeling design skills (e.g., NX Siemens, CATIA, Solid Works)
- Ability to demonstrate independent creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Composites, Metallics, Plastics, Additive, Coatings, and/or Digital materials and process experience
Capabilities and Responsibilities:
As a member of our team you will be involved with all aspects of the Manufacturing Technology Development cycle which include:
- Understand and analyze complex problems and derive solutions
- Communicate solution ideas and concepts to a diverse audience
- Research, organize, and analyze information
- Collaborate with cross-functional team
- Define requirements, develop, and execute plans
Your projects will range in size from smaller to large scale efforts, across multiple programs. As a Engineer Manufacturing you will be challenged by owning a project from inception to completion.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.