Responsible for professional, effective and efficient handling of all residents’ requests and needs upon entering the community.
The Front Desk/Concierge or Desk Attendant also provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as, with our external customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (May include some or all of the following as applicable)
- Answers phone and greets residents/guests upon entry, responds to requests, questions and any other needs.
- Documents issues or transactions as needed.
- Develop knowledge of surrounding areas and attractions.
- Keeps track of activity logs and incident reports, records and forms for the Community Association Manager’s review daily.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication and time management skills.
- Monitors Emergency Response System and responds in a timely and efficient manner within hours of notification.
- Monitors and controls Electronic Security Control Systems if applicable.
- Logging in all packages and tracks them through to pick-up by recipient.
- Follows-up on all complaints/issues notifying Community Association Manager as necessary.
- Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are followed while performing duties.
- May assist with resident notifications or special events.
- Process work orders and files resident documents and invoices, if applicable.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalency required. College level courses in business or hospitality preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years of business experience preferred. Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required. Effective written and verbal skills.
Intermediate command of computer hardware/software is required.
Multiple language fluency may be required or preferred, depending on community.
Travel and availability requirements:
May be required to travel for training sessions off-site on an ad-hoc basis. May be occasionally required to cover for front desk staff at other communities within a reasonable commuting distance when needed.
Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of time, will fluctuate day by day; Must be able to stand up regularly to greet residents or remain standing for long periods, depending on post. Handle, grasp and lift objects and packages. Reach with hands and arms, communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word.
Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions and complete all required forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of work will be completed indoors in a temperature-controlled environment with little to moderate noise levels. May require outdoor site visits on an occasional basis.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive job description. In addition, management has the right to change any portion of this job description at any time and for any reason.