Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
Century Complete is looking for a Permitting Manager who will oversee and track the permitting processes in all Divisions of our South Florida Region to assure that communities and Divisions are meeting or exceeding permitting goals and required house starts. This role will work closely with and report to the Region President.
The role will be based in Tampa preferably but will consider Orlando and Palm Bay areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meet with permitting officials regularly in all municipalities to discuss any updated policies, procedures and/or timelines and distribute that information to Division Managers and Permit Coordinators.
- Understand the specific documentation requirements for all lot types within our operational footprint – municipal utilities, well, septic, etc. Identify a process to move each effectively through the system.
- Continually evaluate the permit package assembling processes and municipality requirements for permits in each community and update as needed.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of 5 – 7 permit coordinators geographically distributed across South Florida.
- Meet with each Permit Coordinator weekly (Skype or in-person) to review permit status and goals and monthly (in-person) to review processes and procedures.
- Manage a weekly consolidated report on permit status in for each community.
- Participate in starts meetings to monitor progress. Monitor even flow permitting and construction starts.
- Partner with Division Managers to assess performance of permitting trades (architects, engineers, consultants, etc.).
- Communicate with trade partners regularly to discuss best practices, evaluate performance, and negotiate best timelines.
- Work closely with the Land Acquisitions team to schedule and manage the permitting process of lot acquisition.
- Reviews a sample of permit submissions for accuracy and troubleshoots consistent issues.
- Engage the legal team as needed regarding permitting statutes and laws.
- This role will require 60 – 70% travel within the South Florida area.
Knowledge, Skills and Background:
- Understanding of permitting statutes and laws in each municipality.
- Proficiency navigating the municipality process.
- Strong leadership skills and managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the residential permitting and construction industry.