Health First Medical Group is seeking an experienced medical assistant (LPN also considered) to join us in a busy and exciting practice which stresses the provision of excellent care and customer service. Our medical office staff work together in a team concept making sure cross-training is a high priority providing you with greater career advancement opportunities.
The chosen candidate will benefit from the following:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid medical assistant certification exam
- 401k with matching contributions
- Potential sign-on bonus with relocation assistance
- Employee recognition activities
- Opportunity to contribute to associate advisory groups
Job Type: Full-time. Monday-Friday. No weekends.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent. LPN also considered
- Certification: One of the following is a minimum requirement within 90 days of hire. Health First will pay exam fee:
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association upon hire
- Work Experience: New Grads welcome
- Specific Knowledge/Skills: Medical terminology, keyboarding skills.
- Specific Knowledge/Skills: Strong customer service skills including knowledge of service recovery techniques
- Perform clinical intake by taking medical histories and vital signs, recording weight/height and verification of patient's current prescriptions.
- Prepare patients for examination and explain treatment procedures to patients.
- Prepare and perform point of care testing and/or specimen collection as directed by provider.
- Track and communicate to patients, the results of labs and diagnostic studies as directed by the provider.
- Answer internal and external customer phone calls regarding their care, and direct messages to the appropriate individuals.