Job Title: Dynamics Mechanical Engineer - Environmental Test
Job Code: SAS20190611-34575
Job Location: Palm, Bay, FL
This is a hands-on testing position and requires knowledge in the area of experimental dynamics techniques and procedures. Supporting activities will include:
- Coordination, preparation, and execution of environmental testing projects varying in complexity from development to final product qualification testing.
- Responsible for the vibration testing of unfurl-able reflectors and solid dish space antenna products. This includes both subassembly and system level assemblies.
- Capture and address nonconformance using root cause corrective action methodology.
- Required to diagnose and troubleshoot instrumentation, sensors, and data acquisition systems.
- Support testing operating electro-dynamic shakers, shock test simulators, drop testers and data collection activities in lab and off-site locations.
- Responsible for conducting pyrotechnic shock and frequency response measurements for structural characterization.
- Competency fulfilling a leadership role in the investigation, identification, and resolution efforts in the field of mechanical shock and vibrations.
- Strong understanding of signal processing techniques and measurements best practices.
- Application of various experimental dynamics testing techniques such as FRF analysis, modal analysis, order analysis, transfer path analysis (TPA), and operating deflection shape analysis (ODS).
- Generation of test reports following test activities.
- 2+ years of experience with Master's degree in Mechanical engineering with focus in experimental dynamics, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Ability to lead a team up to 10 people on test activities
- Ability to work up to 15 feet on an elevated platform
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including: MS Windows and office products (excel, PowerPoint, word, and project), and MATLAB
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and follow-through
- Team player, pro-active, and customer oriented with a sense of urgency to accomplish a given task or goal
- Possess a high level of initiative and willingness to learn
- Experience with process improvement tools including Lean Six Sigma, 5S or Kaizen