Job Title: Associate Manager, Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20192511-34963
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
The Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 6-10 employees made up of Program Quality and Manufacturing Quality Engineers located in the Palm Bay development facility. Effectively manage quality engineering team to ensure successful implementation and sustainment of L3Harris' quality management system in support of the F-35 TR3 programs within the Space and Airborne Systems business segment. Effective collaboration with manufacturing engineering, program management, operations management, supplier quality engineering, supply chain and manufacturing engineering is critical to the role. In addition, the Quality Engineering Associate Manager will be required to perform quality engineering tasks on program as well as performance management and talent development.
- Responsible for successfully leading and developing a team of high caliber quality professionals.
- Responsible for performance management of team members include hiring, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval.
- Leads projects, provides training, logistical and infrastructural assistance for quality initiatives.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of quality management system and Zero-Defect initiatives.
- Ensures internal, customer, regulatory and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continuously improved.
- Drives early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes.
- Develops budget and monitors expenditures for Quality department.
- Apply AS9100 and other respective quality standards and ensure compliance.
- Apply Harris policies, procedures and standards that are relevant to the respective program and functional organizations.
- Apply principles of quality science, and other qualitative & quantitative methods to cultivate and partner in driving performance to contract, quality, cost and schedule, customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement throughout the program lifecycle.
- Collaborate with various QMS elements and other support functions and customers to meet the various quality, cost, and schedule commitments.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a technical field (engineering preferred) with 6 years of experience within operations, supply chain, quality, or related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of Quality initiatives in manufacturing environment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active secret clearance desired.
- Strong interactive skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support commitments and business objectives.
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) with suppliers.
- SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Technical experience working with special processors and Nadcap.
- AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system and process audit experience.
- Supplier development and engagement.
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred.
- Quality engineering experience with transitioning development programs to full production environment preferred.