Requisition Number: QAQCS01728
* This is a fully REMOTE position; however, candidates must reside in CA.
Horne LLP is an industry leader in Accounting and Business Advisory Services and currently provides service from 23 locations across the US and Puerto Rico. Our Government Services practice is at the forefront of disaster recovery efforts nationwide with one of the most experienced and innovative teams anywhere.
The QA/QC Lead within Government Services performs real-time analysis and review of extensive documentation required by federal regulations for implementing the Emergency Rental Assistance Program in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Project information: This is a very dynamic project that is directly related to administering Rental Assistance funding on behalf of the State in direct response to COVID- 19 and the challenges that landlords and tenants are facing. It is an opportunity for a candidate to jump in, learn something new, and contribute to the global recovery from this pandemic, and will be an amazing mark on a resume. As a result, candidates should be critical thinkers who aren’t afraid to speak up and contribute solutions for the greater good.
Required Strengths and Skill Sets include:
- Must be comfortable utilizing program policies and procedures to quickly solve problems and ensure program compliance.
- Will ask bold questions to inform policy, welcome feedback on work product, and proactively collaborate with the team at large.
- Must possess effective data analysis and review skills
- Must be able to meet daily and weekly production goals as set by the program
Specific job duties include:
- Manage intake of funding requests and perform a timely review of supporting documentation related to Emergency Rental Relief claims
- Offer solutions to accelerate the funding review processes
- Collaborate with team to recommend funding requests
Training and Technical Assistance
- Prepare training and provide technical assistance to Eligibility Specialists
- Effectively communicate issues and corrective actions to Eligibility Specialists
- Utilize technology to ensure funding transparency and accountability
- Contribute draft content for a public transparency website and collaborate with the team on updates
- Assist in preparation of real-time status reports on funding
Oversight and Compliance
- Understand internal control framework to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse
- Understand and assist in responding to state and federal oversight and monitoring activities
Candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years in a professional office setting is preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- For California Locations: Bilingual - Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Spanish speakers