Residential Route Supervisor
Req Number: 19913
Waste Pro of Florida
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Residential Route Supervisor is responsible for supervising the daily service delivery to residential Waste Pro customers ensuring safe, timely, and cost effective delivery of contracted services in accordance with Waste Pro practices ,procedures ,and applicable regulations. This position understands Waste Pro Core Values and applies principles of Positive Leadership in the supervision of drivers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Directly responsible for the supervision of drivers and performance of daily operations. Greet drivers upon their arrival to the yard; ensure that pre and post trip inspections are conducted. Communicate to the driver's key service points, safety, and equipment issues while ensuring they are part of the Waste Pro team and understand the core values.
2. Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment and ensure compliance with company policies.
3. Share Decision Driving techniques and ensure that employees adhere to and are knowledgeable of Waste Pro safety guidelines. Reinforce daily safe work practices and assist with the delivery of weekly safety meetings.
4. Route all new service starts including obtaining work order, scheduling delivery of container and service days. Review productivity reports daily (yardage, tonnage and hauls), reroute non-performing routes to maximize service calls while ensuring that labor costs are minimized. Schedule removal of cans on a timely basis when service is cancelled.
5. Follow the routes to ensure that Waste Pro provides a Distinguishably Different level of service to customers. Respond to dispatch calls or messages submitted via the Trac-Ez system. Talk with the driver(s) to clarify any unique service requirements and to make driver aware of the situation for the next day service. Address all customer issues, complaints and inquiries by speaking with the customer and/or driver. Address overloaded cans, renew contracts or refer service changes to the sales representative if applicable. Interact with city, state and municipalities to ensure customers are serviced in a timely manner.
6. Perform route observations to ensure safety procedures are followed. Ensure corrals are in good condition, cans are sanitized, debris is picked up around can, bins are placed and labeled properly, and gates are closed. Complete route observation reports and discuss observations with driver including safety issues, customer calls, route cleanliness and truck appearance. Identify training needs and review with driver.
7. Monitor driver's daily pre-trip inspection, address findings, and ensure driver conducts proper inspections. Review all truck repair issues and address with shop manager to ensure mechanical issues are fixed.
8. Monitor driver time and attendance, completed route sheets, disposal tickets and compliance with DOT hours of service and Waste Pro regulations.
9. Complete accident and injury reports. Respond to vehicle accident investigations, workers compensation and property damage claims.
10. Train and provide orientation for new employees.
11. Conduct performance evaluations, monitor and track employee attendance, complete disciplinary actions and attend meetings that apply positive leadership principles.
12. Ensure front loaders are cleaned on a daily basis.
13. Drive and assist on routes to cover shortages. Assist drivers who are behind normal schedule as needed.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Normal setting for this job is: Outside supervising in the field.
* Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the transportation, management, logistics or waste industry; or
* Associate's Degree or minimum of 2 years experience in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations in which coaching, routing assessments and supervising employees are requirements of the role.
* Knowledge and prior application of Smith System and/or Decision Driving principles and techniques.
* Basic computer skills and general knowledge of Microsoft applications.
* Previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, ANSI and other related federal, state & local regulations.
* Valid class A or B commercial driver's license (or ability to obtain one within 3 months of hire) with a personal and business driving record that meets Waste Pro standards and insurance requirements.
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
* Proven customer service skills.
* Must be able to work independently make decisions and resolve problems.
* Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and be available to address operational issues by phone at all times.
* Ability to maintain and portray a positive attitude towards staff and customers.
* Knowledge of first aid techniques helpful.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to drive a vehicle and work outside: most of the work day;
* Required to be outside, driving and working with drivers/helpers while exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day.