S.K. Ghosh - VP of Engineering
S.K. Ghosh Associates LLC - International Code Council (ICC)
Vice President of Engineering
Individual is responsible for helping manage a variety of professional duties of a technical and often complex nature, relating to consulting services, publication development, software development, delivery of continuing education, and related client interaction.
The VP of Engineering reports to the President of SKGA and assumes the following responsibilities some immediately, the rest over time.
- Provides technical subject matter expertise to SKGA staff and clients.
- Participates in a visible role within the structural code and standard development community.
- Represents SKGA - ICC at meetings, conferences, and other professional events.
- Develops, determines, and implements policies, procedures, and programs.
- Makes presentations to government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties on relevant topics.
- Oversees key projects and develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring their progress.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet revenue targets and keep expenses within budget.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals.
- Selects, develops, trains, and supervises staff.
- Plans and oversees marketing of SKGA products.
- Schedules SKGA web seminars on an ongoing basis; recruits and serves as primary contact with web seminar speakers.
Essential Skills and Education / Experience:
- PhD/Masters in Structural/Seismic Engineering, Professional license (SE preferred or PE).
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience, including at least 2 years in a management role, in a professional association or engineering company.
- Ability to demonstrate sound working knowledge of building code development, application, and/or enforcement.
- Strong involvement within codes and standards community (ICC, ASCE, BSSC, ACI, AISC, etc.)
- Excellent professional networking abilities.
- Excellent technical writing, verbal, and customer service communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments, and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to travel locally, nationally, and internationally.