At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Senior Migration Architect will be a leading member of the Veeva Systems Professional Services group providing migration solutions on project teams implementing Veeva Vault R&D applications and Vault Platform cloud solutions to companies in the life sciences industry.
The Senior Migration Architect will lead customer migration implementations by providing expertise with data and document content migration, Vault API, Vault migration tools, and Vault Platform best practices. The Senior Migration Architect is a customer advocate working closely with other Veeva teams (Services, Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and in the future.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Vault R&D migration implementation, including the migration of document content and object data from legacy systems to Vault
- Advise customers on the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process
- Mentor Veeva Data Migration Specialists on migration activities and best practices
- Contribute to our Professional Services knowledge base to build a migration program
- Provide guidance and subject-matter-expertise on migration tool development for the ETL process
- Assist in project scoping estimates for the Vault R&D product suite
- Minimum 7 years document/content migration experience with enterprise content management systems (Documentum, OpenText, Box, SharePoint, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years database migration experience with enterprise software systems (SAP, Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Trackwise, Argus, ArisGlobal, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years customer facing technical consulting experience
- Proven track record meeting with senior management and executives as the subject matter expert
- Experience leading and mentoring team members
- Experience working with REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- Travel up to 25%
Nice to Have
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry
- Experience with Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, or Safety business processes
- Project Management experience for enterprise software implementations
- Experience with GxP and software validation regulations
- Experience with migration verification process
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.