At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Director of Sales Development Program is responsible for both generating sales opportunities and for developing the next generation of Veeva Account Executives. You will recruit a team of recent graduates to be Sales Development Representatives (SDRs), train them to identify and develop sales opportunities, and prepare them for roles in our Field Sales organization within 2-3 years. This is a unique program and a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of Veeva’s Sales organization and a generation of emerging Sales talent.
The right candidate is someone that has advanced rapidly through SDR and AE roles, can connect easily with and mentor rising talent, and that is an excellent communicator
What You'll Do
- Design and implement an effective strategy for the Sales Development Program (SDP)
- Recruit and effectively onboard the first class of SDP. Sustain and grow the program over time
- Implement effective training, development and mentoring opportunities to accelerate growth of SDP members and graduate them from the program within 2-3 years
- Increase the flow of opportunities to Field Sales by managing an effective and scalable sales development process
- Work collaboratively with both Marketing and Field Sales to improve volume and conversion of opportunities
- 10+ years of professional experience with rapid advancement
- Previously managed teams or organizations of at least 10 people
- Have managed or worked closely with recent graduates in the last few years
- Prior experience as both Account Executive and in Sales Development, with consistent history of over achievement
- Outstanding communication, presentation, organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach
Nice to Have
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience selling cloud applications (SaaS) or in Life Sciences
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.