About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Buyer will have knowledge of strains, concentrates, and edibles and will utilize a successful track record of buying experience to enhance the RISE retail brand. The Buyer will be responsible for managing day-to-day purchasing activities that all drive towards the strategic goals of the organization: enhanced sales, enhanced margins, and a world-class patient experience.
- Works with store operations team to craft localized assortments and sales forecasts to drive profitability
- Creates purchasing strategies that correlate to the financial goals of each dispensary
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers of cannabis products to ensure consistent access to product for our patients
- Anticipates potential problems and risks; generates ideas, insights and solutions to resolve potential problems. Proposes and executes solutions for issues identified during analysis of data
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the marketplace
- Elicits critical information from vendors with regards to market trends and current buying activity of competitors and presents findings effectively
- Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of buying product innovation, vendor meetings, costing negotiations, executive reporting, pricing analysis, promotional calendars, and product exit strategies
- Builds reports to enhance decision making at all levels of the organization. Reports will include best sellers, promotional expectations, and dispensary performance
- Audit purchasing processes to create better practices
- Understands the competitive landscape of the cannabis industry
- Manage appropriate inventory levels to ensure dispensaries can exceed sales expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in retail buying, merchandising, or planning
- Strong presentation skills and ability to listen to the opinions of others to help form a cohesive decision
- Ability to make decisions under pressure when needed
- Must be a self-starter who likes to solve complex problems
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to gather / analyze data and to work with incomplete information
- Analytical mindset
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the local state licensing entity to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.