Requisition Number: DIREC01267
A career with AHRC New York City affords you excellent benefits, growth opportunities, high level training, and job satisfaction through making a difference in someone's life.
AHRC NYC’s programs provide person-centered support for positive change and personal improvement. We support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a variety of settings as they work to attain the joys of independence and growth with the assistance of professionally trained staff.
Are you a Quality DSP candidate?
If so, you are patient, compassionate, creative, and team-oriented. You will support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in community participation, advocacy, and building meaningful relationships. You must be able and willing to teach, provide counseling, and problem solve, while fostering a nurturing, personalized home environment. As a DSP, you will work to support people's preferences for community, work, leisure activities, and the exercise of their rights in various settings; with professionalism and integrity.
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals* (DSPs) in several Queens locations:
- Typical day shifts are 7am-3pm
- Typical evening shifts are 3pm-11pm.
- Typical overnight shifts are 11pm-9am.
- Schedules generally include working weekends, with two (2) consecutive days off during the week.
- High School Diploma Required or Equivalent
- Driver license REQUIRED for all day and evening positions.
- 1-2 yrs. experience working w/people w/ intellectual and/or developmental disabilities Preferred
Other responsibilities include:
- The oversight of all safety and health considerations
- Promoting skill development, interests, and hobbies
- Assisting with meals and Adult Daily Living skills (ADLs)
- Other personalized responsibilities including cooking, cleaning, hygiene, etc.
- Use of a computer for data entry.