CDL Driver- Local and OTR
Coleman Worldwide Moving has immediate openings for CDL driving positions in your area. We are a full-service moving company and this position involves loading, transporting, and unloading household goods. Driving for Coleman will give you the opportunity to be a leader for our moving crews, interact with new customers on a daily basis, and grow within our company. The ideal candidate will have a clean driving record and be able to comply with our zero-tolerance drug policy. If you are looking for a challenging position that allows you to be the solution when a problem arises, this is the job for you!
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Transport goods using a company truck
- Lead the crew in loading shipment on to and/or off of truck
- May inspect shipment prior to loading for proper packing or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory of shipment
- Assist as need in loading trucks and/or containers for forward movement via interstate commerce
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensioners, walkboards, etc.
- Maintain required documentation and paperwork for shipments, expenses, driver logs, and DOT regulations
- Lift and carry household goods between residence and vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be willing to travel (local, intrastate and/or interstate)
- Ability to operate a box truck or tractor trailer (as applicable to your CDL qualification)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to be on time and reliable; ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
- Driving for long periods of time
Coleman Worldwide Moving Benefits for Employees (not applicable for seasonal employees if not stated):
- VACATION PAY after 1 year employment
- Array of voluntary health benefits including but not limited to (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more)
- Holiday pay after 90 days for Full Time employees (Seasonal Included)
- Referral Programs
College Students--We also offer a summer Intern SCHOLARSHIP Program!
- Coleman Worldwide Moving proudly supports post-secondary education in our communities and will offer the following scholarship program to qualifying summer interns to assist them with tuition in the coming year. Funding amounts are paid out directly to the Associate to assist with their various student expenses.
- $500 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the first** full summer internship.
- $750 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the second** full summer internship
- $1,000 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the third** or more full summer internship
- Must be summer seasonal Associate employed as Helper, Packer, Driver, Warehouseman, or other Service Center Operational, non-management position.
- Must show proof of enrollment in school for current year’s fall classes.
- Must work full time through scheduled season (accommodations made for school dates).
- Supervisor acknowledgement of good work performance and attendance also required.
Coleman Worldwide Moving (and affiliated companies) (collectively “CWM”) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other protected status. CWM will continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and cultural diversity. This policy applies to all personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, Company sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs. This commitment is made by CWM in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations
Only applications submitted within three months of the review period will be considered for employment. Please submit another application for further review after the review period elapses.
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!