Production Clerk - Oxnard, CA
Production Clerk - Oxnard, CA
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas'® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann's® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Production Clerk is a key support role to the manufacturing operations by acting as the main liaison between production, finance and R&D departments. This position reports into the production manager and will be responsible for regular review and maintenance of BOM updates, provides a financial overview and analysis of daily operations, Oracle process validation and supporting the production team in a variety of areas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - include but will not be limited to:
- Perform ongoing quarterly reviews of all BOM's and responsible for submitting paperwork related to changes. This will include transforming formulas, signoffs, etc.
- Perform bi-annual routing updates. Responsible to ensure the proper routings are used as well as ensure that throughputs match.
- Provide support with cycle counts/physical inventories on an as needed basis.
- Attend Production Meetings / Weekly Leadership Meetings / Weekly Scheduling Meetings.
- Own the Theoretical Changeover Matrix.
- Analyze variances on throughputs, etc. with production team. Will also have responsibility to review variances with finance.
- Assist production supervisors with Discrete Job validations.
- Reconciles weekly and period end Operating Reports,
- Works with Distribution to resolve certification issues.
- Works with R&D to process Bill of Material (BOM) revisions and verifies completion.
- Maintains daily KPI's entries in Oracle.
- Researches production data/reports for conflicting information and resolves.
- Maintains weekly payroll summary file per department.
- Weekly submissions for payroll differentials.
- Maintains Lean boards updated.
- Validating fresh sales orders billing from Oracle vs. daily orders fulfillment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in management, business, or finance. Or a combination of 2+ years of college courses including finance and operation, and a minimum of 3 years' experience in manufacturing environment, with strong experience in analysis and cost accounting.
- Strong team work, communication and a proven track record of achievement results in a group environment.
- Strong analytical skills with a particular focus on attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working in a fast paces environment
Plus but not required:
- ERP (Oracle) experience preferred
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.