Pediatric RN (Registered Nurse)
Maxim Healthcare Services Oxnard, CA
Full-time, Part-time, and/or per diem RN position available in Camarillo, CA. Clinical training available.
Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking a Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) to assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision. The Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards, the Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for managing patient care and assisting others in the management of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Plans for expected outcomes of care for those patients assigned.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the hospital policies and patient care outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of and assigned unit/floor including establishing priorities.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Promotes interpersonal relations with patients/family/significant others; hospital healthcare co-workers; and physicians.
- Uses effective communication skills with all contacts while being objective and sensitive.
- Communicates pertinent information about patient, nursing unit, and activities as appropriate.
- Represents Maxim in the hospital setting in a positive image.
- After accepting a Maxim hospital assignment, arrives at the hospital on time, before the scheduled shift starts to sign-in at the nursing office and report to the floor/unit for orientation and/or report.
- Work assignments are completed during the assigned shift unless the hospital supervisor approves overtime.
- Dress/attire worn to the hospital is clean, professional, and appropriate for the clinical area assigned.
- Other Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
- Current licensed Registered Nurse (RN) within the state of practice.
- Minimum of one year of Registered Nurse (RN) experience within the last three years preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion screening for the clinical specialty area with a score of 80% or greater.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Maxim background screening.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Continuous professional and clinical training
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 25 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer