Description of Work
The primary purpose of this Housekeeper position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current Federal, State, and Local standards, guidelines/regulations governing Murdoch Developmental Center and as may be instructed by the Director of Environmental Services and/or the Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
This position's work is performed under close supervision, guided by a daily schedule for general assignments and special project work. Work performance is reviewed by quality checks and frequent consultation with supervisory personnel.
This is a continuous job posting for multiple vacancies. Murdoch is currently recruiting for a variety of full-time permanent and full-time time-limited positions.
Employees working in a time-limited appointment will receive full benefits including but not limited to: health care, sick and vacation leave, contribution to retirement and much more. Time Limited appointment types can last up to 3 years.
1st Shift: 6:30am–3:00pm
2nd Shift: 2:30pm–11:00pm
- some weekends required for special projects*
Salary Grade: GN01 Recruitment Range: $31,200 - $31,200
About Murdoch Developmental Center:
Murdoch Developmental Center is a 24/7 state residential facility located in Butner, NC, near the Research Triangle area. Murdoch serves individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD). Murdoch is a caring community where professionals work with people of various ages, cognitive and functional abilities. To be considered for employment, applicants must be in good standing with the North Carolina Health Care Personnel Registry.
ALL employees of Murdoch Center are designated as ESSENTIAL for adverse weather and emergency events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- To perform medium physical work routinely
- To perform a variety of duties in the care and cleaning of dayrooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, hallways and offices (including dusting, sweeping and mopping) as well as window cleaning when needed
- To perform medium to heavy duty physical effort as needed; extending arms over head, lifting mop buckets and pushing heavy carts
- To vacuum, apply floor finishes, buff floors and strip floors
- To remove trash from receptacles in all areas including up to 55 gallon containers
- To operating heavy cleaning equipment
- To follow written instructions in English
- Ability to move or slide heavy furniture up to 200 lbs
- To climb ladders to clean ceiling lights and vents as needed
- To replenish paper supplies and soap as needed
- To shovel snow from walkways when needed
- To follow written instructions in English
- To work independently and as a team member
- To deal tactfully with co-workers, staff and individuals
Management Prefers candidates with the following:
- High School Graduate or GED
- One year relevant work experience
- Knowledge working in a healthcare facility
- Valid NC Driver's License
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Education and/or experience in housekeeping work that is directly related to the job.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions in the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing and criminal record background checks. Also, the use of tobacco products of any kind including vapor products are prohibited from our campuses. All employees are required to adhere to the facility's Vaccination Policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying you when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your application, please call the NeoGov Help Line at 855-524-5627. Applicants will be communicated with via email only for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at 919-575-1015.