Fleet Tire Sales Specialist - Owensboro, KY
Goodyear. More Driven.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Fleet Tire Sales Specialist (Commission) role, you are responsible for selling new and retreaded commercial truck tires and related products and services by managing current customer accounts and developing new accounts. You must also produce sufficient sales volume to achieve assigned sales objectives. Represent the company professionally through team image and service readiness. Through training, you will develop knowledge of the company's products and services and be able to educate others. You will also monitor and report on market intelligence which impacts business and pricing within the market. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Actively seeking and developing new accounts and represent the company to potential customers.
- This position requires frequent local travel from customer sites to establish and further build relationships
- Selling company supported products and services.
- Meeting sales goals set by management.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of products and services to provide accurate information to customers.
- Evaluating customer needs and making recommendations utilizing a value selling approach.
- Attending sales training and continually building product knowledge.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, sitting and squatting.
- Create or increase truck tires sales through a planned program of regular solicitation.
- Scheduling fleet service appointments and coordinating appointments with the service department.
- Conducting fleet needs evaluations and providing customers with cost analysis and benefits.
- Ensuring prompt resolution of tire adjustments and ensuring that customer casings are handled appropriately.
- Delivering tires to customers as needed.
- 2 years or more of successful Sales and/or Business to Business experience
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in related field.
- Previous business to business sales experience
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call (312) 915-5548
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.