AtPearson, were committed to a world thats always learning and to our talentedteam who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life toturning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the waypeople learn best, whether its one child in our own backyard or an educationcommunity across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators whomotivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supportsand inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning thatbecome the catalyst for the worlds innovations, personal and global, large andsmall.
We are seeking a PressTechnician to work in our Owatonna, MN facility. This employeewill operate an offset printing press and must fully understand themanufacturing and quality standards required to produce scan-abledocuments.
- Readand understand schedules, job tickets, and multi-part specification sheets.
- Sets-up,operates and clean printing press.
- Monitorsand accurately records paper consumption and plate remakes.
- Performbasic and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Participateon teams to improve process, customer service and lower operating costs.
- 2 year Graphic Arts technical degree preferred or equivalent experience on offset press.
- Capable of (or willing to learn) setting up and running a variety of offset printing web presses and learning the concepts of quality scan-able document production.
- Job requires standing and walking throughout entire shift and lifting up to 60 pounds.