When you join Lakeside and our family of companies, you'll be part of a hard-working team producing quality food products that consumers feel good about feeding to their families. We began as a small pea canning operation in 1887. Today we have over 1,000 employees and 13 manufacturing locations. We sell our products through retailers, foodservice distributors and restaurants across the U.S. We're committed to growing our company and our people, and there's a seat at the table for you.
The position of Agriculture Manager offers a hardworking, team-oriented individual the opportunity to assure a successful field department operation through the supervision of all raw product, labor and job performance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage company raw product needs.
- Supervise all field operations, including planting and harvesting.
- Maintain an open line of communication with all employees.
- Require from subordinates, Field Supervisor, and other key personnel the highest degree of work performance.
- Inform the General Manager of all labor situations.
- Maintain the most qualified work force available.
- Inform the General Manager of needed equipment and repairs.
- Cooperate with the General Manager to minimize cost whenever possible.
- Maintain an effective safety program.
- Keep current of changes in the area of agriculture, including new seed varieties and growing and harvesting methods.
- Maintain good working relationship with Company growers.
- Interpret and administer company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all personnel maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure all personnel follow Lakeside Foods established policies and procedures for their job as described in the training manual and orientation program.
- Notify General Manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered and ensure action is taken immediately.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- May perform other duties as assigned by General Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A four year college degree is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Should have overall knowledge of field operations and equipment. General mechanical knowledge beneficial but not necessary.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL):
- Through individual and team efforts, enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of his/her job, work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully participate in TAL by “living“ Lakeside's Standards of Conduct and being an active member of operational and project teams. By action and work, clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business transactions and exchanges.
- Proactively create an environment that clearly and sincerely encourages the spirit of TAL in all areas of responsibility.
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.