We are currently seeking an Assistant Operator Diamond Core Driller based in the Kansas City, Kansas area which will require weekly travel throughout the US. This role will report directly to the Foreman and be responsible for safely assisting the Core Driller during all drilling activities which include unloading, moving and setting up the drill rig as well as other support equipment and vehicles. The Assistant Core Driller will also be responsible for collecting, bagging, boxing, labeling, photographing and transporting rock-core and sand & gravel samples during aggregate exploration and other associated activities.
- Champion the Martin Marietta safety culture• Assist the driller as he instructs during the work day• Maintain a clean and safe workplace• Assist in the maintenance and repair of equipment as required• Assist in loading and unloading of equipment from support vehicles• Clean maintenance of all shop areas, vehicles, and other work areas• Clean maintenance of all tools and equipment
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Clean driving record, willing and able to acquire Class A CDL
- Pass a drug screen, background check, DOT physical, and back X-ray
- Must pass a DOT physical; ability to work outside in all weather conditions, able to carry heavy loads (50-75 lbs.) repeatedly during 8–10 hour work days without assistance, able to work at underground sites.
- Ability to travel most weeks to sites throughout the US, with occasional International travel possible. Travel is typically Monday – Friday with weekends home. Travel time is paid at normal rate, a Per Diem is provided to cover travel expenses
- Reliable with good attendance history
- Strong mechanical skills required; previous diesel and gasoline engine mechanical skills and ability to perform repairs and maintenance duties in field or shop as directed by supervisors
- Prior core drilling experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others with positive attitude
- Must have dependable transportation
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to interact professionally with other employees and customers
- Ability to skillfully operate vehicles with manual transmission