Requisition Number: ACCOU02967
MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; Accounts Payable Lead in Overland Park, KS!
At MetroNet, we pride ourselves on providing cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care. We are a fast-growing telecommunication company, offering 100% fiber-optic technology. MetroNet specializes in fiber to the premise TV, voice and internet services that provide our customers with some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. Recognized for being one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 by Glassdoor. We are committed to revolutionizing the industry by enhancing the overall customer experience and optimizing the talent of our valued associates.
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Flexible schedule
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
The position of Accounts Payable Lead assists in supporting to the entire Accounting Department. The position’s primary focus is ensuring efficient operations while helping to maintain appropriate controls for the accounts payable function of the corporation.
What you will be doing:
- Initiate and complete payment runs
- Assist in month end closing
- Contribute to the development and coaching of the accounts payable team
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- 1099 maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
What You Need For This Position:
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable Lead experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, Oracle experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER