Purpose and Passion
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Life-Work Integration
• Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we're solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we're one global team committed to making a difference in people's lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life's work.
About the Role:
Boston Scientific has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer II. As part of the Data Operations Team, your work will include transforming structured and semi-structured data into actions that drive the manufacturing of Boston's life changing products. Data is fueling the digital factory revolution and this role is critical in that transformation. The role will include building data-pipelines, software development and visualizations.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Compile data from multiple sources for analysis, reporting and communicate to internal stakeholders.
- Develop applications on-prem/cloud that support production reporting and machine integration.
- Take ownership of various data operations activities that support project, team and organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to elicit requirements and transform them into technology solutions
- Deliver data-driven insights, produce timely and actionable information to help drive business results through effective dashboards and visualizations
- Work under the direction of senior level team members to produce solutions.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information trends from a mix of various data sources.
- Develop software solutions as needed leveraging Microsoft/AWS stack.
- Create software designs utilizing the departments' standard development tools and procedures.
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate status and results.
- Document software design, test protocols and testing results per procedure.
- Complete FDA/QSR software requirements by assisting in the creation of specifications and qualifications.
What We're Looking For In You:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field required
- 2+ years Software and Data Engineering required
- 1+ year with SQL experience not limited to (Query Optimization Entity Diagrams, Normalization)
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment desired
- 1+ years developing visualizations using PowerBI/Tableau/Custom Frameworks
- Git/TFS or other code control
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Tableau, QlikView and Python
- Experience with Docker/ Kubernetes and deployment on cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Regulated Environment Experience
- Full-Stack Software Development using web frameworks such as (React/Vue/Angular)
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 453499