Description: Orono Early Learning Preschool Teacher Assistant Long Term Substitute (12/4/19 through 2/21/20).
- Provide support to the teacher in a preschool classroom including: attentiveness to children, instructional support, preparing daily learning activities as planned by the teacher, maintaining routines, preparing snack, and cleaning the classroom.
- Maintain a safe, positive play and learning environment that meets the physical, educational and social/emotional domains for children.
- Collaborate with the lead teacher to create a classroom in which all children are engaged.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Part-Time M/W/F, 9:00 am - 3:15 pm, T/Th, 9:00 am - 12:15 pm
- December 2019 - February 2020
- Experience and excellent references for helping to create a preschool classroom that fosters social emotional and academic growth.
- Enthusiasm for play based learning.
- Fun, nurturing and caring.
- Organized, self-motivated and flexible.
- Education related to early childhood/knowledge of early childhood development appreciated.
- r www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us
Jessica Koch, ECFE Coordinator
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Director of Human Resources