Our Parts Associate should be a two-wheel aficionado that is a devotee of the powersports industry and who understands the importance of driving sales, assuring a great customer experience and providing support for all riders that visit J&P Cycles.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists customers in person or via telephone in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
- Help with questions pertaining to fitment, application, modification, and selection of motorcycle parts and accessories.
- Describe merchandise and specifications, parts and accessories offered in showroom, through brand catalogs, and websites.
- Regularly solicits sale of feature, cross-sell, and up-sell products to customers, including preferred customer memberships
- Maintains and updates technical knowledge of the latest parts, service updates, and accessories by reviewing industry periodicals and web sites
- Displays the ability to meet/exceed customer needs and expectations
- Complete any follow-up as necessary to ensure a complete and accurate customer service experience
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule
- Assists with projects and questions
Previous retail experience, telephone sales, or customer service is preferred. In addition, one to two years of motorcycle parts, automotive, or other parts counter or service department experience is desired, but not required. Fluency in any other language in addition to English is a plus.
- Must be a passionate motorcycle enthusiast; Rider/owners preferred
- Experience in a motorcycle retail location preferred
- Enthusiasm, Enthusiasm, Enthusiasm
- Advanced overall knowledge of motorcycle parts and accessories; Working knowledge of additional power sports equipment including UTV, ATV, Scooters and Snowmobiles is a bonus
- Must always put the customer first; Industry leading customer service skills with the ability to utilize consultative selling techniques
- Be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work and play as a team
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Must be solution oriented
- Must be willing to do all it takes to get it right the first time
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and operating systems
- Must be direct and honest
- Flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends
- Ability to work special events outside of normal scheduled showroom hours based on operational needs.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position works in a traditional retail environment with a noise level that is usually moderate.