Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Establishes a baseline for reassessment for ongoing plan of care by obtaining pertinent data from the EMR, patient, family, and other members of the health care team that includes PHH, labs, nutritional assessment, Braden risk assessment, pressure redistribution, and adjunctive therapies.
- Writes an initial plan of care for the patient including goals for treatment that is evidence-based, feasible, and cost effective for the patient, hospital, and staff.
- Provides follow-up in a frequency established by the department, documenting in the EMR, the effectiveness of the plan of care, provides rationale if goal is not met, alters plan if needed and continues to monitor on an ongoing basis until goal is reached, patient is discharged, or nurse signs off to another provider
- Works weekends and/or takes call on weekends on a rotational basis for multi-campus wound, ostomy, continence nursing issues. Will come in when needed to see patients for emergent needs that cannot wait until following work day.
- Flexibility in providing holiday/modified holiday coverage for the multi-campus system as scheduled by the Clinical Nurse Manager, and in accordance to department policy.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Registered Nurse with completion of a Wound, Ostomy, and Continence program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- National Certification in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing by the Wound, Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB)
The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse is a registered nurse who provides acute and rehabilitative care for people with selected disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems. The nurse provides direct patient care to people with abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure ulcers, and other complicated wounds, and continence disorders. The nurse participates in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of a plan of care for patients with wounds, ostomies, and continence needs. The role of the nurse entails patient, family education, consultation, and patient advocacy. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.