Utility Inspector- Orlando, FL
RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Utility Inspector in Orlando, FL to support Oil & Gas Utility Projects. This is a contract opportunity. Our client is seeking outgoing, self-motivated individuals looking for a company where they can continue to grow their skill set!
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client provides comprehensive engineering, consulting and automation services to pipelines, utilities and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, over 800 professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Process Safety Management and Industrial Solutions.
Assists the Lead Pole Inspector with examining utility poles and the attachments. The pole is also checked for damage, wear, infestation, or any other concerns that could potentially compromise its integrity. An analysis is performed on some utility poles and the data, as well as recommendations, are sent to the client.
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Be polite and courteous when communicating with clients, customers, and/or property owners
- Basic knowledge of electrical utility practices
- Ability to interpret and understand field sheet notes, schematics, maps, and drawings
- Produce accurate reports in a neat, legible manner
- Use common garden tools safely
- Follow general safety guidelines and wear appropriate PPE
- Familiarity working with mixing and pouring concrete
*Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to use a measuring device and understand units of measure
- Able to complete assigned responsibilities with little to no supervisor
- Basic knowledge of office equipment
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license and pass a drug and background check.
Work is performed primarily outdoors with repeated exposure to temperature variations and involves driving to and from different job sites. Some work is performed inside in a professional office setting with routine use of office equipment.
The position requires manual dexterity, standing, walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of a passenger truck multiple times a day, bending, kneeling, sitting for extended periods, and crouching. Requires the ability to hear, speak, and/or signal people to convey potential or actual safety hazards and exchange information to include receiving assignments or direction from co-workers and supervisors.
Local day travel will be required. Some overnight travel will also be necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 to 2 years’ previous experience in telecommunications and/or electric utilities or construction
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.