Territory Sales Mgr - Ortho
Come Join our Team! This is a field based position located in Northern Florida
Henry Schein Orthodontics, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of orthodontic products for the domestic and international orthodontic markets. Henry Schein Orthodontics provides a vast array of innovative products, services, and educational courses to help build successful practices. In the USA, our products are marketed to orthodontic practitioners through a strong direct sales force, and internationally, our products are sold in more than 85 countries through 160+ distributors. We are dedicated to provide the orthodontic profession with high quality, innovative products backed by attentive customer service and educational support. At Henry Schein Orthodontics everyone is part of the team, with the same goal; to improve patient care and continue to “Advance the Future of Orthodontics” for generations to come.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the territory sales goals. Promotes educational programs while conveying benefits of the products, programs and services. Builds sustainable relationships with key professional decision makers and opinion leaders. Encourages sustainable sales through demonstration of financial, clinical and patient benefits. Works with business establishments or individuals at customer's place of business, CE programs, and trade shows by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Accountable for Henry Schein Orthodontics sales target as set forth by the management team.
- Responsible for developing a business plan for assigned geography. Develop a monthly plan that supports the needs of their territory and region.
- Review metrics of territory in order to determine progress of plan and adjust accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the inside sales team and the entire national team.
- Support the region and national initiatives as set forth by sales management team.
- Meet training requirements including proficiency with professional selling skills, product knowledge, competitive product knowledge and territory management and time management.
- Manages expense budget expectations as outlined by management team.
- Increase customer satisfaction by problem solving and advocating around customer needs, product issues and market conditions. Recognize the value of relationships thru penetrating appropriate offices.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from current base of business, business directories, Henry Schein Orthodontics marketing programs and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory utilizing an efficient territory management plan to call on regular and prospective customers to build relationships and to solicit orders. Talks often with customers on the phone. The travel requirement for this position is at least 50% of the time.
- Attend CE programs and trade shows as needed to support the sales and growth of Ortho Organizers programs and products. Displays products, using samples and or catalog, and emphasizes saleable features.
- Effective probing and listening skills. Prioritize needs and act accordingly due to strong note taking and follow up skills.
- Work with marketing, inside sales, CE program manager and customer service as appropriate to input into training, compensation, promotional and other programs.
- High value on leveraging current relationships to maintain current customers, while networking for new customers.
- Communicate and provide feedback to management regarding client needs, new technologies, clinical trials, and other market activities. Provide monthly reports as directed by Sales Management
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Results oriented.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- Perform the following duties in a professional way, supporting Ortho Organizers' Quality Policy. Must understand, follow and comply with regulatory requirements as applicable to various processes. An understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820) and ISO Standards (ISO 13485) is required.
Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university plus a minimum of 3 years related selling experience. Related experience and or training in the dental or orthodontic field are a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Orthodontic sales background preferred but not required; must be articulate and able to effectively communicate with dentists, orthodontists, etc. Must be able to self-initiate and manage themselves and their sales contacts in order to effectively produce sales for the company. Must be effective with cold calling. Developing strategy in a competitive situation
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from dentists, orthodontists, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and resolve customer issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Competent in Microsoft programs including all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.