Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Interact with prospective owners over the telephone and email and effectively uses sales techniques to convert them into purchasers. Develop relationships with prospective owners by following up on referrals and leads. Cater the sales experience to the individual needs and preferences of each prospective owner, and follow through with the sales contract process to ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and efficiently. Maintain the customer relationship after the sale is complete to ensure continued satisfaction with the organization and to develop future business opportunities (i.e., referrals, additional sales).
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; minimum 1 year experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in English (additional language required for certain positions)
- Incumbent is required to maintain an active and in-good standing professional Real Estate License where mandated by law
- One-year related experience
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work at night (occasionally)
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Building an Maintaining Customer Base
- Answers owner questions regarding use of properties and location amenities; make recommendations given the background information obtained on the owner through discovery.
- Fulfills requests from owners or prospective owner regarding pricing, property maps, property descriptions, room locations, and portfolio/network information.
- Monitors contract processing to minimize rescission decisions, provide comprehensive owner assurance and ensure timeliness of closings.
- Follows up on referrals from owners.
- Develops and maintains records on customer contacts and use that information to support effective follow-up encounters.
- Contacts owners to monitor satisfaction, makes aware of upcoming promotions, and develops business opportunities (e.g., reloads, referrals).
- Uses available Customer Relationship Management systems (e.g., Seibel, Universe) to maintain accounts of interactions and follow up with customers with regard to purchases and contracting activity.
Giving Sales Presentations
- Discovers the needs of prospective owners through a series of questions/discussion and utilize the information to customize the sales presentation.
- Explain the features and benefits of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations product.
- Establishes trust during the warm up, discovery, and intent statement and build rapport with customer.
- Closes sales using approved process.
- Practices and continues to develop and improve sales presentation.
- Presents financing options as an approach to ownership.
- Presents to customers in a manner that effectively utilizes the elements of the sales process.
- Finalizes deals by signing of paperwork and notarizing contacts.
- Follows up customer interaction with email, phone, or mail correspondence and facilitate use of Vacation Ownership Advisor.
- Answers customers' questions regarding construction work, financing, maintenance, repairs, and appraisals.
- Uses, demonstrates, and/or coordinates virtual tour (eTour) software for guests.
- Prepares for daily appointments (e.g., review tour sheet, owner history, presentation details, etc).
Conducting and Managing Business Transactions
- Assures complete and accurate processing of documents pertaining to sales.
- Reviews details of contracts with prospective owners once they decide on purchase.
- Analyzes problems and formulates plans to overcome challenges of getting work done quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Thoroughly reviews loan applications and financial documents with the customer and ensure completed properly.
- Works with Sales Management to minimize cancellations, provides comprehensive owner assurance and ensures timeliness of closings.
- Reaches out to and influence Every Other Year (EOY) owners to upgrade and maximize all reload opportunities.
- Completes button-up sheet at end of each sale.
Providing Services to Others
- Responds to and monitors the resolution of customer and owner inquiries in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Leverages resources for providing service to customers and owners (e.g., Vacation Ownership Advisors) in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates total understanding of the culture and processes of the organization.
- Manages time effectively to punctually attend daily team meetings, training sessions, and customer/owner appointments.
- Improves sales presentation approach through self-critique, practice, and lessons from the feedback provided by others (e.g., Sales Manager Coaches, Customers, Owners).
- Participates in formal training sessions offered by management team.
- Maintains an awareness of current events (e.g., news, sports, pop-culture) and information on locations to enable customer relationship building.
- Assists in the development and mentoring of other Telesales Executives as requested.
- Understands and abides by state and federal regulation around all sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State registrations, Exemptions, etc).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.