Technician, Managed Services Operations
WE’RE HIRING! We are actively hiring talented Technicians for NOC in Orlando, Florida. It is a very exciting time to join the largest and most dynamic IT Solution Provider in the Country! If you are passionate about technology, a strong customer advocate, and are excited about the possibility of collaborating with the brightest Engineering talent in the country—I invite you to apply!
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
- The Managed Services Operations Technician is a team member responsible for monitoring and managing customer networking, datacenter, security and collaboration platforms.
- This position will work on the Managed Services Operations team as a Technician focusing on network, voice and/or datacenter technologies, under the direct management of the Managed Services Center Operations Manager, Orlando. The technician will be the primary point of contact for all incidents into the MSC. The position is subject to shift work and a candidate would be expected to move to different shifts as needed. The candidate will be expected to interact with customers, peers and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLA’s while documenting all actions and communication in the ticketing system, ServiceNow.
- 1+ years work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting Cisco IOS
- 1+ years work or education experience utilizing a ticketing system such as Remedy, ServiceNow
- Possesses leadership qualities and works directly with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong client-facing skills, assertiveness, strong communications skills, leadership and self-starter.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to respond to monitoring events and quickly triage impact and identify next steps to drive resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when assigned a task and follow it through to completion.
- Ability to make sound, quick decisions to recover application availability to customers.
- Ability to work in a team and independently fix issues with little or no supervision.
- Detail and process oriented individual.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 NOC environment to support customers’ needs.
Preferred Skills & Certifications:
- 1+ years’ work or education experience using network monitoring tools such as Nimsoft, Zenoss, Prognosis, EMC Smarts
- 1+ years’ work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting voice platforms
- 1+ years’ work or education experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting datacenter platforms
- Hands-on work or education experience working routing protocols MPLS, Multicast, GRE, VoIP, HSRP, QoS, L2 switching, etc.
- ITILv3 Foundation
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV\u0027s not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation