Welcome to Guidewire! We make software that offers property and casualty insurance companies the solutions to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We’re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to represent our quality products and services to the market as we are.
As a technology expert, you will be working closely with our Product and Services teams to understand our offerings, with the Sales team to communicate those offerings to prospective customers and most importantly with our prospects and customers to help them find solutions to their most challenging business imperatives.
As a member of a team that is known for execution, you will excel in understanding a variety of technical and business process challenges, leading technical discussions with internal and prospective customer teams and presenting complex solution demonstrations. The position requires a unique blend of business process, listening, technical design, and communication skills.
Important Note: 55 - 65% travel is required for this role, with some week-to-week variance.
Key activities for the Technical Solution Consultant include:
- help articulate cloud visions and SaaS offerings to new and existing clients
- supporting the sales team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Guidewire solutions throughout the sales cycle:
- leading formal and informal architecture discussions
- partnering with the Guidewire Functional Solution Consultants for application configuration for detailed product demonstrations. (eg: data model extensions, page configurations and rules creation).
- identifying new platform requirements and working with Product Management to design solutions for those requirements
Necessary skills and expertise:
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Database systems and concepts
- Integration mechanisms and patterns
- Processes and tools in the software development lifecycle (source control, build systems, testing)
- Familiarity with cloud computing and SaaS industry trends
- RESTful architecture and development
- Java and related enterprise technologies
- AWS technical ecosystem
- Kubernetes and related technologies
- AuthN and AuthZ concepts
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 380 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/