Old Republic Surety Company (ORSC) can proudly say that we attract and retain the best talent in the business. We write surety bonds through partner independent insurance agencies throughout the country. Our business is growing, which is creating numerous new employment opportunities. Here are some details for a new opportunity in Florida.
ORSC is seeking a Surety Marketing Representative to join our growing company to support the Florida territory. In this position you will have the opportunity to grow the territory by making effective marketing calls to agents in order to meet your personal and company production goals.
Some of the essential duties for the Surety Marketing Representative position include:
- Generate new business, within an assigned territory, by promoting Old Republic's products and services to prospective agencies.
- Vet and appoint new agencies. Once appointed, provide the agencies with an onboarding experience and training on the online processing of bond requests, renewals, and cancellations.
- Increase premium with existing agencies by building upon relationships and by educating the agencies on ways to refine the shared book of business. Coordinate management visits with key agencies.
- Collaborate with adjacent territories on the development of account-based Surety programs, ensuring consistent messaging is used.
- Keep management advised of market factors; e.g. trends in the local economy, rates & commissions, agency prospects, non-performing agencies, territory-specific bond needs, etc.
- Make budget recommendations to management; e.g. premium & loss projections, ways to reduce controllable expenses, assessments of the staff to agency ratio, etc.
This position requires a minimum of four years of related experience. Qualified candidates who live anywhere in the assigned territory are encouraged to apply.
This position normally requires a high degree of travel by car, airplane, etc., up to 70% of the time, requiring one to continuously have a motor vehicle operator’s record that is considered satisfactory as defined by company and/or corporate procedures.
Old Republic Surety Company offers numerous opportunities for our employees to grow and prosper. We have a culture of growth from within and we support our employees’ pursuits in advancing their careers. We offer this in an open-door, collaborative workplace that encourages and rewards both teamwork and individual contributions. We want bright, passionate individuals who share our values and quest for success. To learn more about our company culture and our outstanding benefits, please visit our website and watch this video.
Interested? Click ‘apply’ and follow some very simple steps to get your resume in front of a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
If this role is not quite what you were looking for, but you are interested in working for our company, you are encouraged to fill out a general application or visit our career page for other opportunities.
Old Republic Surety Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.