Requisition Number: SECUR04733
At Courtyard we have everything you need to move forward with your new career at the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown, we are looking for a committed Security Officer to join our Team.
Position Overview: Responsible for maintaining the security and safety of guests, employee, property, while adhering to standards of service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adequate service and safety of property, guests, employees, while maintaining a professional and friendly attitude
- Be first responder in case of emergency, i.e. guest illness, fire emergency, employee accident
- Visually inspect hotel areas; conduct safety and security walkthroughs of all departments, public space, outside grounds, parking, emergency exits, doors, etc. Address issues and resolve. Follow set schedule/walkthrough format, if applicable
- Adhere to service standards, ensuring safety and comfort of guests at all times
- Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, taking control, giving direction in case of hotel emergency
- Ensure adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards
- Handle lost & found, using applicable procedures
- Prepare any necessary reports, i.e. theft reports, employee injuries, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- 1 Year of Security Experience Required
- Class D Security Officer License Preferred
- Availability to work the overnight shift (11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.), including weekends and holidays.
- CPR /First Aid Certified Preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in wring, to respond to guest requests and give direction to co-workers
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Ability to multitask
Thrive with our comprehensive Benefits Package-featuring Medical, Dental and Eye Care, 401K Plans, Short and Long Term Disability, International Travel Perks, Team Member Recognition Events, Outings and much more!
Turnberry Doing Social Good is Turnberry’s initiative to make an impact in the local community and we are committed to supporting high impact initiatives and organizations and are proud partners of many local and national charities.
Exceptionally Managed by Turnberry.
A rewarding and challenging experience awaits you as a Turnberry team member. We are one of America's premier real estate development and property management companies. Founded more than 50 years ago, Turnberry has built over 20 million square feet of retail space, more than 7,000 luxury condominium and condo-hotel units, 1.5 million square feet of class “A“ office space, in excess of 2,000 hotel and luxury resort rooms, as well as a number of exciting new projects currently in various phases of development.
Turnberry has a Substance Abuse Policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.