Requisition Number: SBAPO02619
Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people — local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “2020 Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.
This position performs accurate assessment with SBA eligibility for closing, modification, credit monitoring, servicing, and liquidation requirements. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform accurate assessment with SBA eligibility for closing, modification, credit monitoring, servicing, and liquidation requirements.
- Provide appropriate feedback to all lines of business regarding modification quality review to the standards mandated by SBA policy.
- Identify eligible SBA loans and facilitate sales to the secondary market.
- Perform periodic reviews of credit where more frequent monitoring may be appropriate assuring compliance of SBA standards to maintain enforcement of the loan guarantee.
- Ability to support credit and special asset teams with SBA annual reviews including but not limited to collection of required financial statements, annual site visits, and covenant monitoring.
- Maintain cooperative external vendor relationships that support underwriting and monitoring requirements including Site Visits, UCC Filings, Tax Verification, Electronic Document Signing, and others as deemed necessary.
- Exhibit knowledge of cash flow, credit, collateral evaluation, and portfolio management monitoring and reporting processes.
- Exhibit expert understanding of SBA Standard Operating Procedures, Loan Origination (SOP 50 10), and Loan Servicing & Liquidation (SOP 50 57)
- Leading payment collection, disbursement, and SBA reporting requirements.
- Work with Financial Institutions and Investment Firms to sell SBA loans to the secondary market.
- Performing liquidation of collateral for defaulted SBA Loans, including site visits & asset inventories, notifications to SBA, and processing all proceeds from the sale of assets.
- Preparation and submission of Guaranty Purchase Package request to SBA.
- Guaranty Purchase request tracking and follow-up, to include fielding requests from SBA for additional supporting documentation and occasional negotiations with SBA should SBA recommend a loan for ‘Repair’ or Denial.
- Responsible for Loss Mitigation – Issuance of well-documented government-guaranteed transactions to maximize enforceability and loss recovery.
- Responsible for monitoring past due and maturing loan reports to ensure bank stays in compliance with SBA-specific time requirements.
- In conjunction with loan officer and borrower(s), build-out necessary loan restructure or offer in compromise.
- Adheres to Seacoast Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Adheres to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, security, Business Continuity, and all other regulated banking requirements.
- Innovate and adapt to technological and industry changes to ensure Seacoast Bank stays ahead of the competition.
- Participate in outside classes, seminars, meetings, and training to constantly improve development, remain current and aware of new growth opportunities.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in SBA or other government lending programs, underwriting or loan servicing, or related lending fields.
- Must be proficient in bank operations and regulations, have an excellent understanding of SBA-related products and services.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
PC Proficiency in Desktop and Laptop devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software.