At Office Depot and Office Max, the Sales Consultant (Seasonal) is a temporary role that is responsible for engaging and providing an exceptional customer service experience during peak seasonal selling periods. The sales associate must quickly build customer relationships and become an advisor by utilizing selling skills and knowledge (including cross-selling of products and services) to meet the customer's needs. While this position is generally focused on sales floor customer support, as a seasonal associate, they may also be assigned to front-end cashiering support, merchandise stocking duties, and/or copy and print area customers service support.
The seasonal associate in this role, just like all store associates, demonstrates a passion for the brand, product and services solutions knowledge. He/she will utilize the basics of the company's proven sales principles to proactively engage customers. The associate must quickly develop product and solution knowledge in key areas such as technology, furniture, and business supplies as well as an understanding of copy and print products and services, if assigned.
At Office Depot and Office Max, the position requires a high school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
At Office Depot and Office Max, the position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
- Must possess an interest in continually developing personal selling skills and product knowledge
- Positive and Engaging
- Action Oriented
- Integrity & Trust
- Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
- Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as business dictates
- Customer Focus
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.