Report Developer Analyst
The Report Developer & Analyst participates in the development and delivery of reports and application enhancements to existing technology for the innovation Planning Supply Maximization (iPSM) Market Execution organization. The Analyst provides consistent and superior technical support and systems fixes by employing troubleshooting strategies that surface system issues and application process issues. The incumbent acquires and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all source data applications in support of performing as an effective technical resource able to provide explanations of system defects, propose solution recommendations to stakeholders, and to implement the solutions in the existing applications. The Analyst provides solutions upon discovering application issues as part of the Quality Control process, as well as supporting senior leadership in the implement application enhancements as delivered by outside vendors or business partners.Expected Contributions
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Supports iPSM corporate and field associates by providing system defect analyses. Effectively identifies cause of issue and determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Acquires and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all business applications - including UniVerse, Solar, BiBO, and iROAM, as well as their data extracts, e.g., Sales Extracts, Resales Extracts, CS Extracts, Sales Flash extracts, etc., in order to effectively identify causes of data discrepancies and understand if the fix must be handled in the source system modification, i.e., table mapping, within the iPSM reporting databases.
- Assists in documenting system enhancements, system modifications, and data uploads. Provides specific explanation of originating issue, system fix, and answers for "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Functions as a technical resource for other team members.
- Makes recommendations of which on-going requests should be moved into long term application solutions for internal customers.
- Assists in supporting the iPSM Training & Field Support team with ad-hoc technical guidance.
- Proactively updates all project stakeholders on current issues, milestones and events during application programming/enhancement activities.
- Works within team to ensure deadlines are met.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- At least four years of professional reporting experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in defect tracking, change management tracking, test environments, development environments and participation in system review boards.
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Suites applications with advanced proficiency of MS Access.
- Proficiency with Oracle and/or SQL server is highly preferred
- SQL query development experience desired
- Cognos and/or other BI reporting applications proficiency preferred.
- Highly developed and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Team player with a positive attitude, who works well with others
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines through effective multi-tasking and reprioritization of tasks.
- Strong desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Ability to travel 5-10%.