RN Transfer Center AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Virtual Tour: https://visit360five.com/start.php?id=261550
- Full Time Days Mid Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Uses complex acuity algorithms for time-sensitive medial events, triaging, processing transfer requests, identifies the appropriate receiving campus, conferences physicians for specialist acceptance and patient hand off. Identifies the appropriate level of care for placement and safe patient transport. Parallel processes and communications with the Command Center, Children’s Transfer Center, Air and Ground dispatch teams. Facilitates nursing hand off between the sending and receiving units.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of acuity of diseases processes to triage appropriately and communicates clinical updates to physicians.
- Uses knowledge in emergency critical care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Maintains the Right Cad software system for department STATS and AH Advent Health regulatory compliance through accurate documentation of demographics and the transfer process.
- Improves patient safety and outcomes through process improvement by ongoing department QA of the Right Cad log and recordings.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Five years critical care or emergency nursing experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or health related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Emergency Nurse, Certified Critical Nurse
The ETC RN is a highly trained critical care professional with independent decision-making responsibilities, that must be applied based on telephone communication only. Utilizes complex acuity algorithms for time-sensitive medical events. Collaborates with physicians and departments within the Advent Health system as well as other facilities across the southeastern U.S. and internationally. Highly effective in critical clinical fact gathering and analysis, to identify appropriate levels of care, timely acceptance and specialty care needed for transport. Coordinates as an air traffic control for emergent and non-emergent transfers from all referring facilities. Proactively initiates steps, including utilization of the hospital and physician chain of command, to prevent EMTALA and Florida Access of Care violations. Adheres to the Advent Health Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.