As a Regional Safety Coach, your responsibilities are to ensure workplace safety is occurring, analyze work practices and conditions, communicate and deliver safety-related training and information, create and keep appropriate records, and pro-actively support the efforts to maintain a healthy and safe work environment for employees.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Track deadlines for various licenses and permits. Provide notice in advance of expiration so that renewals can be completed in a timely manner.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Consult with others regarding safe or healthy equipment or facilities.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations.
- Maintain or update safety-related plans or procedures.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Perform safety inspections ensuring compliance with company and OSHA safety standards.
- Conduct jobsite audits and prepare reports on findings.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Associate’s/Technical degree or higher in environmental, health and safety or equivalent + 1-2 years related experience or HS diploma + 3 years of related experience in a construction environment. Related experience might include construction supervision, training, or any other experience regarding safe work practices and leadership.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures
- Willing to travel to remote job sites (up to 50% regional travel)
- Work flexible hours or work odd hours as needed, for example to respond to emergencies.
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, work on rooftops
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Adequate proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer applicationse
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a valid state driver's license
- Must have a clean driving record
Freedom Forever is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.